Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shrimp Tikka... is that a dish?

Last night, when Henry asked what was for dinner I gave him the choice of Shrimp with Fetuccini or Ham Steak. Much to my surprise, the man who doesn't like pasta chose the Fetuccini!

I put the water on to boil and made a quick Roux. When the water boiled, I put in the Fetuccini (remembering that the commercial noodles take a bit longer than my hom-madeones). I added some Parmagiano and Vermouth after the roux had cooked for about three or four minutes, then I tossed in the cooked Bay Shrimp and some Tikka Massala for a bit of snap. After everything was heated through I dropped in some julienned red and green Bell peppers for color.

I plated the Pasta and Shrimp alongside a small green salad and a crusty sourdough roll, then topped the pinky colored Shrimp dish with a sprinkle of chopped Cillantro and a scratch or two of Asiago. Yummy.

Here is the receipe for the SHRIMP TIKKA WITH FETUCCINI

Put the water on to boil.
Make a Roux with Butter, Flour and Non-Fat Milk.
Cook the roux for about 3-5 minutes to lose the grainy "raw" flavor.
add Salt and Pepper to taste.
Next add:
1/4 Cup commercial Tikka Massala (or your own if you have it)
1/4 Cup Lite Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Parmagian Cheese
2-3 Tablespoons Vermouth (or dry White Wine if you have no Vermouth)
Check your seasonings.
Add 1 Lb. cooked Bay Shrimp, or small Prawns, or other shellfish.
warm through, and cook the pasta.
Add 1/2 julienned Green and 1/2 Red Bell Pepper.
Plate end sprinkle with cilantro and a few grates of Asiago if you'd like.

No comments: